As an Editor
Centennial College Press
- Crisis Communications in Canada: A Practical Approach, 2nd ed., by John Cooper, 2013 (substantive edit, new edition revision)
- Breaking Down the Industry, by Jeremy Lucyk and Britinie Wilson, 2012 (substantive edit)
- The Editorial Department, by Jeremy Lucyk and Britinie Wilson, 2012 (stylistic edit)
- A Very Brief History of the Book-Publishing Industry, by Jeremy Lucyk and Britinie Wilson, 2012 (proofread)
- Spawning Horrors, by Jamie Richards, 2012 (reader’s report)
- In December 2015, I freelanced with INVIVO Communications doing editing, QA work, legal submission preparations, and offering editorial suggestions for websites and apps.
- Since May 2014, I’ve worked in-house as a freelance editor for Klick Health where I proofread clinical and patient-focused website content and assisted with regulatory submissions preparations.
- I’ved proofread in-house for MacLaren McCann and Canadianized national ad campaigns.
- I’ve substantively edited and organized the national social media policy document for Oxford Properties Group.
Double Dragon Publishing
- The Keeper of The Bones, by Daniel Steeves Connaughton, 2013 (copy edit)
- Nocturnal by Virginia Young, 2013 (copy edit)
- Cinefilles.ca, Features Editor (current)
- On the Danforth Magazine, Managing Editor (past)
Blogging and online content
- Managed WileyStudent.ca, where I worked with student authors to generate an editorial calendar, and post relevant content tied to the Wiley brand.
- Various online content for mobile apps, small businesses websites, and online magazines.
As a Writer
I conducted and translated a series of interviews with current residents, their family members, and staff of Shalom Village retirement and nursing home. I compiled these quotations along with their photographs into a promotional document highlighting the unique care and community support Shalom Village offers to its residents.
While working as a marketing assistant for Wiley Canada I wrote a variety of internal and external marketing material, including:
- catalogue copy
- ad copy
- blog posts
- social media content
- promotional postcards
- marketing reports
- sales reports
- survey results reports
Ghostwriter for children’s book, age range 6-8. Book featured a cast of characters from around the world coming together for a shared experience. Part of a larger civic promotional initiative by a private citizen of Toronto.
“Fill Your Dance Card (With Sales),” Canadian Florist, (Upcoming, 2017)
“(Flower) Crown Yourself Prom Queen,” Canadian Florist, (Upcoming, 2017)
“8 Tips for a Successful Valentine’s Day,” Canadian Florist, (Jan, 2017)
“5 Fun Ways to Mingle with Your Customers This Fall,” Canadian Florist, (Sept, 2016)
“A Rainbow of Valentine Designs,” Canadian Florist, (Photography and Jan/Feb cover story, print), 2016
“Prom-otional Ideas,” Canadian Florist, (Mar/Apr story, print), 2015
“Solving the Social Puzzle,” Canadian Florist, (Nov/Dec cover story, print), 2014
“More Than the Blues,” (about postpartum depression), Anchor Magazine, 2014
“Medications for Psychosis: Treating Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder,” SZ Magazine, 2014
“Changing Lanes: Envisioning Safer Cycling in Our Community,” (with Vanessa Pinto), On the Danforth, and excerpted in Dandyhorse online, 2012
“Danforth Recollections,” On the Danforth (print), 2012
Expand Your Network with an Informational Interview
Canada’s TenThousandCoffees.com: Networking for the Millennial Generation
Don’t Deny Your Workplace Introversion, Nurture It
How to Start a Side Hustle
- Wolfpack, film review for Cinefilles.ca
- Heaven Knows What, film review for Cinefilles.ca
- Drawing the Tiger, film review for Cinefilles.ca
- Beetlejuice, Stay Classy piece for Cinefilles.ca
- Ida, film review for Cinefilles.ca
- Blue is the Warmest Color, film review for Cinefilles.ca
- Place Beyond the Pines, film review for Cinefilles.ca
- Me and You, film review for Cinefilles.ca